Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chunky Salsa


My Chunky Salsa is such a great mid-day snack. I love eating
colorful food. The more color, the more nutritious! I make this
for my family all the time and we never have leftovers.
Today, I used what I had in my refridgerator, usually I also add
green bell pepper and big chunks of avocado.

Ingredients:
1/4 of an Onion (white or red, it doesn't matter)
* raw onions are hard on little tummies, so if you are making
this for your kids, just add a very small amount.
2 tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper
1/2 green bell pepper
1 small avocado
1 small jalapeno (optional)
*these are hot
salt & pepper
garlic powder



Chop your onion, tomato, bell peppers, avocado and jalapeno
and mix in a bowl. Add your salt, pepper, and garlic powder
according to taste. Mix well.

Yes, it really is that simple!

Doesn't that look gorgeous? It really does taste good...


I didn't have any chips, so I cut some corn tortillas into quarters and
fried them in Extra Virgin Olive Oil.


And there you have some delicious colorful salsa. That's just too easy.
My 2 year old asked me today while we were making this,
"Mom, where is the avocado?" I am so happy when he says things
like that because it makes me smile that he is wanting to eat
healthy fruits and vegetables.

1 comment:

  1. I know I love love love vinegar!! And the basic h is so awesome. I just recently moved into a new house and the railing on the stairs had .... crud... I don't know what it was. I got down it and scrubbed with the basic h and it took it right off. Be warned it did take the finish off this wood rail!! But no one will notice hahahaha

    ReplyDelete