Sunday, September 12, 2010

Chunky Apple Delight

Ok, so I attempted to make applesauce, but being the busy mom that I am, I didn't have time to let the apples cook long enough to get soft for the applesauce. So I made a Chunky Apple Delight dish that tasted extremely delicious anyway. The applesauce you get in the store almost always has non other than my arch enemy, High Fructose Corn Syrup. So making this at home for my kids is healthier, simple, quick and no HFCS included...

Ingredients:
(serves 2)

2 medium apples
1/2 tsp brown sugar (add more or less according to the taste of the apples)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup water


Start with chopping the apples into bitesize chunks.


In a bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, and brown sugar together.
My toddler helped me with this and he had lot of fun.


In a saucepan, add mixture with 1/2 cup water and cook over
medium heat for approximately 15 minutes.

Mmm....your kitchen should be smelling delicous right now!


Serve warm or chilled. My family likes it warm...



I had some left over so I put it in a glass jar and put it in the fridge...

So simple and yet so delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I have been drying lots of apples and also making applesauce in the crockpot to freeze. Love the smell of cooking apples.

    ReplyDelete