Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Wheat Germ

























Okay, I have to admit that before I made the granola
I had never used Wheat Germ before. This is part of
my journey though, finding healthier foods and better
ways to incorporate nutritious foods into my family's
everyday lives. So after reading about Wheat Germ,
 it seems that this is a healthy thing to add to foods
like yogurt,oatmeal, bread, and much more. According
to Wikipedia:
"Wheat germ is a concentrated source of several
essential nutrients including Vitamin E,
folate (folic acid), phosphorus, thiamin,
zinc and magnesium, as well as essential fatty acids
and fatty alcohols. It is a good source of fiber."

I didn't even know where to find it at the grocery
store. It turns out that it is found in the oatmeal
section!
I chose Mother's Natural Wheat Germ because
it didn't have any additives. One thing I found out
that the package does not say is that it needs to
be refrigerated after opening.
So far, I have used it with my granola recipe and
in our morning oatmeal.
Go to http://www.mothersnatural.com/ for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment