Friday, October 22, 2010

What's Your Daily Intake of the 4 Food Groups?

Below I have provided you with a neat website
that provides a suggested amount of nutritional guidelines
for each person. It gives a prompt to enter weight,
height, etc. and provides you with a daily suggestion
for the intake of all the food groups.

I found it to be a helpful tool in evaluating if I am offering
my family the proper amount and balance of foods each
week.

The Website:

http://www.mypyramid.gov/mypyramid/index.aspx


For example, for a 2 year old toddler,
the website suggested the following:


Estimated Daily Intake:

Grains: 3 ounces
Vegetables: 1 cup
Fruits: 1 cup
Milk: 2 cups
Meat & Beans: 2 ounces
Oils: 3 tsp.

Weekly Intake:
Dark Green Vegetables = 1 cup weekly
Orange Vegetables = 1/2 cup weekly
Dry Beans & Peas = 1/2 cup weekly
Starchy Vegetables = 1 1/2 cups weekly
Other Vegetables = 4 cups weekly

Let me know what you think of this....

1 comment:

  1. Pretty interesting. It is pretty close to how and what I already eat.

    ReplyDelete