Friday, October 1, 2010

Apple Walnut Crumble




















Desserts that consist of real ingredients are so much fun to
make and easier than I'd expected. This dessert is something
that is super fast to make and tastes delicious at the same time.
It's similar to apple pie but without the pie crust. Instead,
it has a delicious crumble topping that brings the whole
dish together.
It took me about 10 minutes for the preparation, then
40 minutes to bake.....so quick and easy!

Ingredients for the topping:
5 medium apples
3/4 stick butter (cold)
1 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup traditional oatmeal
1/2 cup walnuts

For the apples:
1/4 cup flour
1/4 cup sugar (or less depending on the sweetness
of the apples)






I use about 5 apples for my family but this recipe is so easy
that it is not hard to adjust if you want to use more or less 
apples...


Slice apples into small cubes.....

In a separate bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon, oatmeal, walnuts, and
cold butter. Mix together until it is clumpy...

\
The mixture should be clumpy... I usually mix it with a fork or
my clean hands to get it mixed together good while still
maintaining the clumpiness...

In a baking dish ( I use a cast iron), place the chopped apples
in the dish and mix in some sugar and flour. Then add the
mixture evenly on top of the apples...

Bake 350 degrees 40-45 minutes or until top is golden brown.
It all melts together making the kitchen smell delicious.....


Mmm....warm....just enough sweetness to bring out
the apple flavor......delicious...
Because the preparation is so easy, this is a great dessert
that I make when I'm pressed for time but still wanting
something warm and delicious....


No comments:

Post a Comment