Friday, November 5, 2010

Vegetable of the Week: Brussels Sprouts




















This week I cooked Brussels Sprouts for the first time and
 wow, they were delicious! They are basically mini cabbages
and everyone in my family enjoyed them. I read about them
briefly but what I did  read is that steaming them instead of
 boiling them is much better because it keeps most of the
nutrients in the sprout. They help lower cholesterol, a good
fiber source and just all around healthy.
Here's how I made them:

1) Wash brussels sprouts thoroughly
2) Cut off the little stem at the bottom of each sprout
3) Slice them in half
4) In a pan, add a very small amount of water
5) Add brussels sprouts, onion, dash of salt & pepper
6) Cook brussels sprouts low-medium heat until
they are tender.

















Yes, it's that easy.....

No comments:

Post a Comment